Here at Bennett’s Curse Haunted House, the health and safety of our customers and staff have always been one of our top priorities. We have staff that continuously walk through the attraction every night making sure everything is safe, as well as doing intense daily inspections of our walk through checking our walls, props, animatronics, customer paths, and actor areas. We will have cleaners come in daily during our season to clean the facility from the night before.
With the current COVID-19 situation, we have gone even further and taken extra steps following health guidelines to ensure the safety and health of our customers and staff while having a screaming good time.
1. Virtual Queue Waiting in your vehicle: We are replacing our regular general admission line with a virtual one. When general admission guests arrive, they will scan a QR code that will assign them a number. They will then receive notifications that will tell them when to get into the line. The real line will only be a few minutes long instead of several hours and will have less than 50 in the line spaced 6’ apart per group. We are requiring guests to stay in their vehicle until it is time for them to get in line to comply with Covid 19 guidelines and minimize any gathering on the property.
2. Masks: All customers will be required to wear a nose and mouth covering. No one will be allowed to enter without a face covering.
3. Maintain Distancing Guidelines for Groups: The small line into the haunt will have 6’ markings on the ground and signage indicating 6’ distances between groups. Safety staff, audio broadcasts, and printed signage will remind groups to remain distanced between them and others that are not part of their party.
4. Disclaimers and Warnings: Printed signs will be posted at the box office and at the entrance warning customers to not enter if they are experiencing flu-like or COVID-like symptoms or are feeling ill.
5. Temperature checks inside the Building: Before entering all guests temperature will be taken at the door and the indoor waiting area has been drastically minimized. The indoor waiting areas will be the ticket queue lines which have been completely redesigned to allow for groups to be at least 6’ apart during the ticket scanning process.
6. Capacity: Capacity can be reduced/managed to allow for appropriate social distancing.
7. Entering the Haunt: Guests will enter the haunt with only their immediate group (no strangers) and be reminded to stay at least 6’ away from any groups that they may encounter within the haunt. Customers will be timed to allow adequate distances between groups. Staff will be posted inside the attraction as well, to ensure customers are in compliance with distancing measures.
8. Increased Cleaning of All Surfaces (handrails, doors, restrooms, etc.): Additional staff will be hired for dedicated sanitation duties. Cleaning rotations of all handrails, doorknobs, etc. and every 30 minutes for all restrooms using a 1000ppm sanitation solution. Additionally, other staff will be periodically cleaning their specific areas/rooms inside and outside of the attraction.
9. Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand pump sanitizing stations will be available at the property entrance, queue space, exit of the attraction. Customers will be asked to sanitize their hands before entering the building.
10. Ticketing: Online ticket sales as well as box office sales will be available. Our Speed Pass Priority Reservations and Skip-The-Line Immediate Access VIP ticket do not have a virtual queue line.
CAST AND CREW Management
- All Staff will be wearing face masks as per the CDC Guidelines.
- Staff Screening: All Cast and Crew will have Daily Temperature Checks and will be screened for symptoms and questioned about recent travel before entering the building. Actors who are sick with a fever or cold/flu symptoms etc. will not be allowed to work.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations: Hand pump sanitizing stations will be available throughout the cast areas of the attraction.
- No Sharing/Exchanging Costumes/Masks: Staff shall not be allowed to change costumes/characters/masks in-show, ensuring less cross-contamination. Nightly cleaning and disinfecting of masks, face shields, goggles, and costumes will be conducted via washing, wiping, and/or use of disinfecting foggers, following CDC cleaning guidelines and sanitation solution/mixture.
We have been working hard to prepare our attraction so we can safely open while following current health guidelines. We can’t wait to show you our new changes!
Thank you for being such patient and loyal fans of Bennett’s Curse Haunted House as we navigate through these challenging times. The wait will be well worth it with big changes and new scares!!!
Please read the warning before attending our haunted attractions. For your own safety, you must understand the type of environment our attractions offer before entering at your own risk! We do not know the health conditions of any of our guests, so we require all guests to read and understand all warnings before you enter. Please read the following warnings very carefully before considering attending our events. Our haunted houses do require all guests to follow all rules, regulations and understand you enter at your own risk. Please read all rules listed below. Our warnings are printed on your tickets, warning signs at the attractions, and warnings here on our website. You assume all risk to entering our attractions. You must wear a mask to enter. Keep your mask on at all times. Wash/Sanitize your hands prior to and after exiting the haunted house. Please DO NOT attend our events if you have ANY type of health concerns or issues. DO NOT attend our attractions if you are not physically fit, have pre-existing medical conditions, have poor vision, and especially any type of heart or respiratory condition. Do NOT attend if you suffer fever or flu like symptoms. Thank you for taking the time to review this document below.